Monday, February 16, 2009

Wrong words (wrong place, wrong time)- said unassumingly to the right person
Motion sickness, passing lights, the radio, choking on my heart.

I'd play "Guess who?" over the phone, or in the corridors when I covered your eyes from behind your back- and now I sit here with a heart that seems to be swimming in my stomach making it hurt so bad that I want to spit it out.

The wrong color, I tell myself. Let's pretend like that matters, because I don't want to acknowledge the things that really do- like what you are actually thinking in your head.

You're part figment of my imagination, I lie back against the seat, close my eyes and dream you up. And yet when I open them, you are there-so real, reflecting off my sunglasses and smelling like heaven. I can't decide between the former and the latter.

"Yes I have been to Chandigarh. I had breakfast there at some relatives' place, they had a HUGE house with its very own conference room."- inconsequential, but not to me. That was the most perfect breakfast of my life. The sunlight, the mahogany dining table, the Labrador puppy- perfect.

"I'm so sick" I tell him in a weak whisper, because we've been going around in circles.

No comments: