Monday, January 26, 2009

Attention Whore

The mirror never lies, like the eye of the beholder.

High heels are so not worth it, neither are cleavage dipping tops.

Too many unfulfilled promises- the eye seems to say now. It wanders to the bottle in my hand, beer, golden or green actually.

Alcohol never made me lose my senses, I try to tell those eyes.

The mirror lies, I realize when I look into his eyes, so do the photographs that display unflattering side profiles. I am unsure suddenly, its the golden-green drink I tell myself. I don't know about the truth- but the beauty is in his eyes. My beauty, I mean. His eyes darkened by the alcohol and sheer want seem to scream that I am beautiful.

Feels good. Just like I had been promised. It's addictive, the high, the happiness, the attention...momentary too...

I excuse myself.

No comments: